Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tut tut, it looks like rain...

It's raining lightly here, which is a welcome reprieve from the hot weather earlier this week.  I'm hoping it'll let up later so I can put my pepper seedlings in, but if it doesn't, no harm; sometimes it is nice to be out in rain.  I'm finding that having this garden is so good for my mental health - there is something very calming about being with the plants, and I find myself going out in the morning just to check and see how they are doing.  It's very Zen, for lack of a better word.

In other news, my to-do-list today is really long, and therefore my time is really short.  We're having LW's first birthday party tomorrow (so that family and friends can come) although her *real* birthday is tuesday; I can't believe a year has flown already!

In honor of the event, I need to bake a double recipe of Sweet Potato Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting, then frost and decorate it, and clean the house (we've reached a good state of controlled chaos, but as my grandmother would say, "the Davis's are coming!" which really meant a panicked cleaning was in order).

Also, some enjoying of the Saturday needs to take place.  So a happy weekend to all - pictures of the cake to be forthcoming if it turns out ok :)  I haven't decorated a cake in a good long while, but hopefully (yet again!) the 4-H skills will come right back.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I found this on The Cloth Diaper Whisperer blog, and thought I'd pass it on to you.

http://www.kellyscloset.com/Grandma-Els-Diaper-Rash-Cream_p_3399.html

Liz said...

Well, you know that you don't have to clean for us.., but then we're not the Davises. Good luck with the cake. I have a project in the works for LW, but I think it will wait to arrive on her actual birthday (since her big gift has already arrived at her house!).