Thursday, May 20, 2010

Small Successes Thursday

Just a quick post - the LW is sleeping, but will wake soon, I've just finished all my work for the day, and I'm hoping to get a few things done before she wakes.  Or at least have a chance to sit for 5 minutes with a book.

Anyway - this week's small successes!

FaithButton

1)  A year ago, I could barely drive the new (to us) standard transmission car that we had just purchased.  As in, getting from stop to go was a risky proposition, I refused to drive it anywhere at all that wasn't flat, and frankly, I broke out in a cold sweat whenever I came up to a red light.  In contrast, today I gracefully negotiated a red light, steep hill stop out of our local garden shop without a second thought.  It feels good to have really mastered the concept of the clutch :)

2)  I also managed, while weaving through traffic (and shifting!) to keep LW from falling asleep in the car on the way home, which meant that she is actually taking a real nap, rather than crawling around here, cranky but resisting sleep.

3)  The laundry is done until at least tomorrow, there are groceries in the fridge, and the housework is all tackled - once LW wakes up, my husband and I will be able to enjoy a rare evening with no "tasks" that need to be done aside from just enjoying our family.

Now... time for that book, and maybe to plant a few herb seedlings that I picked up today!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ok, so small success for me was managing to do the dishes,help Crystal with her knitting, make lunch for Crystal (ok so it was just frozen egg rolls!) make a cake, defrost corned beef and make a complete (other than cabbage and turnips) boiled dinner for dinner, and go get milk and eggs all the while sporting an increasingly scratchy throat and headache. Before I sat down to dinner I finally took my temp (given that I was starting to ache other places as well). It was 99.6, not much for most people, but when your normal temperature is generally 97.0 or lower that's a major temp change. So my plan for the evening is to rest, drink lots of fluids, take Robitussin and aspirin. I actually think that to be pleasant while accomplishing everything I did today (which included peeling potatoes and carrots - something that isn't my favorite job under any circumstances) falls into at least the category of small successes.

However, I'm very proud of you for mastering the intricacies of driving with a clutch. All of the people who've had a part in teaching you that skill through the years (starting with John A) will applaud I'm sure.