Monday, March 28, 2011

Guest Post at CMO Today!

My grandiose plans to blog more this month were pretty completely derailed by coming down with something akin to the flu nearly two weeks ago (actually, LW came down with it first, then me, then my husband).  I'm still recuperating, and since I don't get vacation days from work, being part-time, it's going to be a little while before I dig myself out of the pile of "mandatory" things that need to be done.  In the meantime, though, please check out my guest post over at Catholic Mothers Online today: Tips for Avoiding Mommy Meltdowns.

And, lest I unintentionally come across as some sort of transcendentally calm guru-mama - believe me when I say that I've sorely needed to take my own advice the last few weeks!

I'll (hopefully) be back soon with more thoughts, if I can just stop coughing long enough to type.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I've been reading your blog for some time but haven't commented until now! I'm not catholic, but Christian, and I loved your post on CMO - I have a 10 month old daughter that seems to be discovering the tantrum already. (or maybe it's just cranky teething, I don't know!) Anyways, thanks for some great ideas to subdue the mommy monster!

Abby said...

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the comment, and welcome! Protestants are always welcome here, much of my family is Protestant and I actually grew up Congregationalist before converting to the Catholic church at 15. I still believe that "both sides of the divide" have much to learn from one another :)

Anyway, glad to hear that my post was relevant. I so empathize with the tantruming ten month old - my daughter started around then, and it's just gotten worse as she's gotten older. What I'm realizing lately is that, with her, it's mostly transition moments when tantrums are apt to happen - trying to move her too quickly from one thing to the next, or when she really needs to sleep but is fighting it, or things like that. Which makes a lot of sense since *I* don't transition easily, either. It does help if I stay calm, though.

Thanks for visiting!

Josée said...

Heehee! The pic is great. I think I may have looked like that woman when Monkey smashed my violin bow wax all over my room today.

I find that music helps change my mood. Even a cup of tea or a quick read from scripture/religious book help. Sometimes I'll even escape to the washroom... sometimes I need all these things at once!

Great post Abby!