Thursday, July 8, 2010

To meditate on, today..

This week has been a tough one, and I'm finding that it's really easy, when life throws you lemons, to get really caught up in lemon juice, and to not be able to see anything through the stinging in the eyes.  Between concerns over the best way to handle LW's teeth situation/possible night weaning, and also how to afford that and a variety of other $$ concerns coming down the line, I have not been the most pleasant person this week.  I get so wrapped up running mental circles in search of answers, and get really grumpy/bitter/frustrated when I can't see any solution.  So this is what I am meditating on today - and trying to leave it all in God's hands...
'Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well." Luke 12:22-34
Hope this speaks to you all, today, too.  It really is true - as I've found in the past, He knows our needs, and His grace (and provision) is sufficient for each moment.  Like the manna in the desert, though, He doesn't always give us the grace for the next moment, until it has actually arrived.  The promise is that He'll provide, when we need it; since we're not actually there yet, or needing it yet, why should I be surprised that the provision hasn't appeared yet?

Trusting for each moment... now off to find some iced coffee and beat this heat.

2 comments:

Josée said...

This post hits home. I can easily become overwhelmed by all the things that "I think" need attention in life. But you really don't gain anything by worrying, except maybe a headache or a stomach ulcer. "Let go and let God" is something I reflect on daily :)

Karen said...

I heard a quote on the radio today: "If God's will is my will, and I submit to God's will, what right do I have to be unhappy?"