Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another good verse for today...

This time, reminded by L'Engle, from two of my favorites of her novels - A Small Rain and A Severed Wasp -

"We also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.  Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." - Romans 5:3-5
The rain has finally arrived to take away the heat aside.  After the scorching weather, it sounds a lot like liquid hope :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for stopping by my blog. Since I just started I had been reading a lot of other blogs and trying to get a feel about what I want to write about and how exactly I want to go about it, so I'm not really out in the community yet! I'm still learning :-)

I have been reading yours and am excited to follow it. And thanks for posting the verses on this entry and the one directly before it, because this week has just continued to be tough (I now have the Romans verse added to my "reassuring phrases" collection!)